Garlic And Olive Oil CouscousFrom chacha 7 years ago
- Couscous: shopping list
- 1-1/4 cups water or broth shopping list
- 1 cup couscous shopping list
- 2 tsps. butter or margarine (optional) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. pepper (optional) shopping list
- 1-1/2 tsp. parsley flakes or freshly chopped shopping list
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 2 - 3 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme leaves shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. paprika shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper , freshly ground shopping list
How to make it
- Bring water to a boil.
- Add couscous, butter, pepper and parsley flakes.
- Cover and remove from heat.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a shallow pan, heat oil.
- Sauté garlic until it begins to lightly brown.
- Add rest of spices, cook for 30 seconds and remove from heat.
- (Alternately, you could use ready made "roasted garlic olive oil",
- and add the thyme and pepper).
- Mix topping with couscous and serve immediately.
- Makes 4 servings
The Cookchacha New York, NY
The Rating2 people
I saw the magic word garlic!!! and I love the rest also. 5 forks for this marvellous recipe, so good and so simple. We are not cooking buddies yet - can we fix this? Sending an invite!
Susansitbynellie in Glasgow loved it
Yummmmmm-O We LOVE couscous in our family and this recipe looks great!lor in Toronto loved it