Wheat Flour Pizza DoughFrom blombo 7 years ago
How to make it
- In large bowl mix the yeast with 1/2c of warm water and sugar. Let stand 5 min until foamy.
- Add remaing 1 1/2c of water, flour and the salt, stir until a soft dough forms.
- Turn dough out onto a floured suface and knead. Transfer dough to lightly oiled bowl and brush with oil.
- Cover bowl with wrap and let rest for 1 hour or refrigerate over night up to 3 days.
- Transfer dough to a lightly foured surface, punch down and divide in half. Form each into a ball. Rub each with oil cover with wrap and let rest for 1 hour.
- Press into pans, and 'fork' it (to keep from rising too much during baking). Bake at 325 for 5 min.
- Ttop as desired. Bake until chesse is just truning gold usually about another 10min.
The Cookblombo Escondido
The Rating4 people
Blombo, this sounds like a really good dough. We tried for years to get a really good whole wheat pizza dough and finally discovered Prairie Gold whole wheat flour fron Montana Wheat. It is all whole wheat but behaves like white. It is amazing stuff ...moregrandmommy in Nashville loved it
I was just thinking of trying to make a pizza dough with wheat flour.
Thankslaurieg in Wilmington loved it