Southern Comfort CakeFrom tippystclair 8 years ago
- *Cake: shopping list
- 18 oz yellow cake mix, shopping list
- 3-1/2 oz instant vanilla pudding shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup cold water shopping list
- 1/2 cup veg oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup Southern Comfort shopping list
- 1 cup nuts (your preference); chopped fine shopping list
- *Glaze: shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1/8 cup water shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup Southern Comfort shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Combine cake ingredients and beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour into greased and floured 10 cup tube pan or 12 cup bundt pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool for 15 minutes and invert on plate.
- Prick top gently with a fork and brush half of the glaze evenly over the top and sides.
- Cool completely.
- Reheat remaining glaze and brush cooled cake again.
- Before serving, sift powdered sugar over cake.
- * GLAZE:
- Melt butter in medium saucepan.
- Stir in water and sugar.
- Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and add Southern Comfort.
The Cooktippystclair North Hollywood, GB
- Not added to any groups yet!