Gluten Free Buttermilk BiscuitsFrom peetabear 7 years ago
- 1 cup Wendy Wark's gluten free flour mix***** shopping list
- 3/4 cup teff flour**** shopping list
- 1/2 teasp. xanthan gum shopping list
- 1/2 teasp. salt shopping list
- 1 teasp. baking powder shopping list
- 1/8 teasp. baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 cup ( 1 stick ) cold butter shopping list
- 3/4 cup buttermilk shopping list
- ****** the recipe for Wendy's flour mix is on my recipe page... it can be made up and then use in pancakes, quick breads, cookies shopping list
- *******teff flour is found in the health food store.... it adds more vitamins and minerals to the biscuits... shopping list
- ******* you can substitute 3/4 cup of Wendy's flour for the teff flour shopping list
How to make it
- Combine flours, xanthan gum, salt, baking powder, baking soda in a medium size bowl.
- cut in cold butter with a pastry blender. until butter pieces are the size of peas
- add buttermilk, folding gently with a rubber spatula to make a soft dough
- roll out dough between 2 sheets of wax paper into a 4 x 5-inch rectangle about 3/4-inch thick.
- peel wax paper away from dough several times to prevent sticking
- fold dough like a letter into thirds.
- give dough a quarter turn and roll out to 4x 5-inch rectangle
- repeat , folding once more
- then wrap dough in wax paper and refrigerate for 20 minutes
- divide dough into 6 equal pieces and hand shape biscuits
- place biscuits on a baking sheet lined with parchment
- pre-heat oven to 500' F...... bake biscuits for 4 minutes
- lower temperature to 375' F....
- continue to bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until golden brown
- ( cover biscuits with foil if they start to brown too fast )
- serve warm
People Who Like This Dish 17
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating3 people
Sounds delicious Peeta but I am wondering about xanthan gum..Is it like gelatin powder?ahmed1 in Cairo loved it