Mini custard pieFrom ahmed1 6 years ago
- For the crust: shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 6 tablespoons very cold butter shopping list
- 1/3 cup very cold water shopping list
- Pastry cream: shopping list
- 4 egg yolks shopping list
- ½ cup sugar shopping list
- 6 tbsp cornstarch shopping list
- 2 cups fresh full cream milk shopping list
- ½ tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/3 cup butter shopping list
- 1 egg, lightly beaten shopping list
- powder sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Make the pastry cream:
- Heat the milk and vanilla to simmering point. Beat together the eggs, sugar and cornstarch to a smooth paste. Pour the hot milk gradually over the egg mixture stirring constantly. Put the mixture back into the saucepan and stir over medium until thickened and bubbles appear. Move from heat, add butter and stir until melted and combined. Cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 380F and grease two baking sheets with butter.
- Mix the flour, sugar, and salt together in the food processor.
- Cut the butter into the flour mixture and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add the cold water and mix with a fork until the dough begins to come together. Remove the dough to the counter and knead it just until you have a dough ball. Chill for 30 minutes. Roll to a rectangle and use a 2inch round cookie cutter to make circles. Place 1 tsp of filling in the center. Moisten the edge with water, fold top over bottom and use a small fork to seal. Brush with egg.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden brown. Cool and sift powder sugar over the top.
People Who Like This Dish 19
The Cookahmed1 Cairo, EG
The Rating13 people
Looks wonderful! 5 from me.
:}tippystclair in North Hollywood loved it
Hi Chef Ahmed how are you doing this fine day ???? looks like you've been in the kitchen baking up this yummy dessert for me to enjoy !!! (named mini) ha ha ha ...so thank you .....bring it over i'll cook dinner.......hahahahahaminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
looks wonderful i love custard. will deffinately try these this week you have my 5.flirty_go1 in Brewton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!