Banana ChutneyFrom minitindel 5 years ago
- 1/4- cup raisins shopping list
- 3 -tablespoons tortuga gold rum ( or any golden rum ) shopping list
- 16 -apple finger bananas ripe , or you can use 8 large bananas shopping list
- 3 -cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 -large onion sliced shopping list
- 1 - tablespoon tortuga hell-fire -hot pepper sauce ..( or any fire pepper sauce) or 1/4 tsp of minced seeded scotch bonnet peppers. shopping list
- 3 - tablepoons grated fresh ginger shopping list
- 1 -cup cider vinegar shopping list
- 1 - 3/4 cups light brown sugar, packed shopping list
- 2 - teaspoons salt shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the raisins and rum and stir well.
- let the raisins soak for 2 hours to absorb the rum .
- in a large pot or dutch oven, combine all ingredients and stir well.
- bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook uncovered for about 30 minutes, or until thick.
- store in a sealed container in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks...........enjoy
- note ;..........if you can get the finger bananas it does make a differece in the taste ...............
The Cookminitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
The Rating5 people
Mmmmm, love chutney! And loved your little lesson on rum and turtles, Min! Don't quit your nursing job though. Oh, I forgot! You did!!! (Just teasing you honey!) Tee Heeauntybea in Vernon loved it
Scotch bonnets...whoa baby; just love this recipe.^5mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
Rum and raisins a classic combination with a combustible hot pepper sounds unusual but like my BBQ sauce It would be good on ice cream.
Thank you Sherry for by for a sundae and bring those banana fingers
I will make you a hot desert.trigger in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!