Lilva Nu ShaakFrom jo_jo_ba 6 years ago
- 1 tsp mustard seeds shopping list
- 2 tsp ground coriander shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt shopping list
- 2 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 1 - 1 1/2 tsp cayenne shopping list
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar (or jaggery if available) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp asafetida (optional) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp turmeric shopping list
- 1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1/2" pieces shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1 large tomato, chopped shopping list
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro shopping list
How to make it
- Heat a spray of PAM or similar in a large nonstick saucepan over medium-high.
- Add mustard seeds and cook 30 seconds.
- Add coriander, salt, cumin, cayenne, sugar, asafetida and turmeric. Stir off the heat 30 seconds longer.
- Add the beans and return the pan to the heat.
- Toss beans with the spice blend.
- Pour in water and tomato.
- Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes.
- Divide between serving bowls, top with cilantro and serve.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating2 people
This is a beautiful and nice recipe. I just can smell the warm spices... I don´t know if I could get the asafetida, no problem with the rest.
I think I could use this blend of spices with many other vegetables and even with couscous...
Tha...moreinmaculada in Palma De Mallorca loved it
Wow - this sounds so delicious and healthy! And lucky me...I have all of the above except the beans and tomatoes, so I'm thinking a quick run to the store and I have a healthy lovely dinner tonight. Thanks so much, Jo....great post. :)lunasea in Orlando loved it
Health Food Junkies423 members
On A Budget559 members
Foodies That Follow WWs48 members
OrganicSustainable Farming Group171 members
Growing Your Own Herbs Vegetables385 members
Comfort Foods770 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Eat Light Healthy455 members
Weight Watchers282 members