ChimichangasFrom asheats 5 years ago
- 1 # ground beef shopping list
- ½ # chorizo, casings removed shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped shopping list
- 1 (4oz) can diced green chilies shopping list
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded shopping list
- 12 flour tortillas shopping list
- vegetable oil shopping list
- salsa and sour cream, for topping shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, chorizo, and onion until cooked; stirring frequently to break up the meat and to blend well. Drain off any excess fat.
- Stir in the cilantro, chilies, cheese. Mix well.
- Place approx. ¾ cup of meat mixture near the center of the tortilla. Fold in the 4 sides, envelope style; secure with a wooden pick.
- Pour oil into the skillet to a depth of 3/4-inch, heat oil to 370. Fry 3-4 chimichangas at a time until both sides are golden brown, turning once.
- Drain onto paper towels.
- Top with salsa and sour cream.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookasheats BIG BEAR LAKE, CA
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!