Gluten Free Hamburger BunsFrom lincolntoot 8 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups gluten Free Featherlight Four Mix posted on site shopping list
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum shopping list
- 1 teaspoon egg replacer (optional) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 1 cup warm water shopping list
- 2 1/4 teaspoons dry yeast granules shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vinegar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
How to make it
- Place 6 muffin rings on a cookie sheet and grease with vegetable oil spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour mix, xanthan gum, egg replacer, gelatin, baking powder and salt. Set aside. Add 1 teaspoon of the sugar to the warm water and sprinkle on the yeast. Set aside to foam slightly.In a large mixing bowl, blend together at low speed of a hand held mixer the remaining sugar, vinegar, eggs, and vegetable oil. Add the yeast mixture. Beat in half of the dry ingredients. With a mixing spoon, stir in remaining flour and beat until smooth.
- Spoon the batter into the prepaired rings. Cover lightly and let rise in a warm place until double in size 20-25 minutes for rapid rise yeast, 40-45 minutes for regular yeast. Bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees for 20-22 minutes.
The Cooklincolntoot Freehold, NJ
The Rating6 people
HHEELLPPP!! I am trying to make these in Muffin pans for use as slider buns. While this is in fact the TASTIEST Gluten Free bread I have ever had, I cannot get them to cook all the way through! Each batch as written makes 10 sliders. First batch cook...moreforbish07 in loved it
Amazing! Try it! Easy to make and super super tasty.forbish07 in loved it
These are the lightest, most flavorful and amazing hamburger buns ever. I doubled the recipe which was more than my 8 muffin rings could hold so I put the batter into muffin tins and everyone who had one wanted more. Most of my GF breads can be froze...moreRainydaykate42 in loved it