Gazpacho Shrimp and Artichoke SaladFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 2 tablespoons vinegar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns shopping list
- 4 medium artichokes rinsed shopping list
- 1 pound shelled cooked tiny shrimp shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- cilantro Dressing: shopping list
- 3 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 garlic clove minced and pressed shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced green onion shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced celery shopping list
- 1 small firm ripe tomato finely chopped shopping list
- 1 small avocado peeled pitted and diced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro shopping list
How to make it
- In 5 quart pan bring 2 quarts water, vinegar and peppercorns to boiling.
- Meanwhile remove coarse outer artichoke leaves then trim stems even with bases.
- Cut off top third of each and trim off remaining thorny leaf tips.
- Boil artichokes gently covered until bottoms are tender when pierced about 30 minutes.
- Drain then use warm or chilled.
- Pull out tiny thorn tipped center leaves with a spoon then scoop out fuzzy centers.
- Set artichokes upright on plates flaring leaves slightly.
- Combine all dressing ingredients and mix well.
- Mix shrimp with dressing then spoon equally into artichokes and season with salt.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!