Pork Casserole With Caraway DumplingsFrom wrigggit 8 years ago
- Casserole: shopping list
- oilive oil shopping list
- 1.2 kg diced pork (but you can use your favoutite cut of meat) shopping list
- 1/4 cup plain flour shopping list
- large brown onion- diced shopping list
- 1 tbspn smokey paprika (not hot) shopping list
- red capsicum/pepper- diced shopping list
- 5 tomatoes diced shopping list
- 2 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 2 cups of cauliflower florets shopping list
- Dumplings shopping list
- 1&1/2 cups self rising flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup plain flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated tasty cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup parsley - chopped shopping list
- 3 tsp carawy seeds shopping list
- 3/4 cup milk shopping list
- 60g melted butter shopping list
How to make it
- Coat meat in flour, and brown in heated oil. Brown in batches. Remove as browned off.
- Saute onion 3-4 mins, stir through paprika, caspicum, tomatoes and stock. Bring to boil.
- Place cooked ingreds with cauliflower florets into casserole dish or crockpot. Casserole dish goes into a preheated oven (200 degrees C) for 1 hour.
- Sift flours into a bowl, stir in cheese, parsley and caraway seeds.
- Make a well in the centre, and pour in milk and melted butter- stir to make a soft dough.
- Roll dough into small balls (makes around 34).
- Remove casserole lid and place dumplings on top.
- Replace lid and return to oven for 20-25 more minutes or until cooked through.
- Optional: you could also add cheese and breadcrumbs on the top after 25 mins and place back into oven without lid to brown and "crust up".
The Cookwrigggit Perth, Australia
The Rating3 people
Wow! I ADORE caraway!!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
Oh this sounds good Wrigggett! But when you say you could put the cheese and crumbs on top, do you mean right on top of the dumplings and all?auntybea in Vernon loved it
Wow, this sounds fantastic. Great post.chefmeow in Garland loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!