Sweet and Sour Cabbage CasseroleFrom auntybea 6 years ago
- 1 large cabbage shopping list
- 1 lb ground beef shopping list
- 2 cups cooked rice shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs shopping list
- 1/4 cup ketchup shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp pepper shopping list
- 6 tbsp chopped fresh parsley, divided shopping list
- 1 tsp vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tbsp lemon juice shopping list
- 1 28-oz can plum tomatoes, with juices shopping list
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice or pineapple juice shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Freeze whole cabbage for 2 days. Defrost, remove core and
- separate leaves.
- In large bowl, combine beef, cooked rice, minced garlic, egg,
- breadcrumbs, ketchup, salt, pepper and 2 tbsp parsley.
- Heat oil in large non-stick saucepan on medium heat. Cook
- onion and chopped garlic for a couple of minutes until fragrant
- but not brown.
- Add sugar, lemon juice, tomatoes and cranberry juice; bring to
- boil. Add 2 tbsp parsley and cook for 15 minutes,
- breaking up tomatoes with spoon. If too thick, add about
- 1/2 cup water or juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Line bottom of 11 x 7-inch baking dish with one-third
- of the cabbage leaves. Spread with half of the meat mixture
- and one-third of the sauce. Repeat with cabbage, meat and
- sauce. Top with remaining cabbage and sauce.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 45 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tbsp parsley and allow to rest for 10 minutes before cutting into squares.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookauntybea Vernon, Canada
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!