Pickled Hot PeppersFrom bluewaterandsand 8 years ago
- 1 1/2 pounds banana peppers, cut into 1 inch pieces shopping list
- 1 pound jalapeno peppers, cut into 1 inch pieces shopping list
- 1/4 pound serrano peppers, cut into 1 inch pieces shopping list
- 6 cups vinegar shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Place the banana peppers, jalapeno peppers, and serrano peppers into a large pot.
- Add the vinegar, water, garlic, and onion. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Ladle peppers into sterile jars, and fill to the top with the liquid,
- leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Tap jars on the counter to remove air bubbles.
- Place two piece lids on the jars.
- Place jars in the rack of a large, canning pan, and fill with enough water to cover the jars completely. Bring to a boil, and boil for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Refrigerate jars after opening.
The Cookbluewaterandsand GAFFNEY, SC
The Rating2 people
Wonderful recipe Theresa! I do alot of preserving myself, never done hot pepper before -- lots of salsa, but never hot peppers. It's a good idea for me though because there aren't the variety of canned hot ones up here for when you need them.auntybea in Vernon loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!