Moose StewFrom tazoncaffeine 6 years ago
- 2 lbs. moose meat; cubed shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups seasoned flour shopping list
- 4 carrots; chopped shopping list
- 1 turnip; chopped shopping list
- 1 onion; diced shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 6 cups water shopping list
- oil shopping list
- ***dumplings**** shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 4 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 2 tbsp. shortening shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
How to make it
- Dredge moose meat in seasoned flour.
- Place floured meat in 2 gallon pot with some oil and fry until browned.
- Add water, salt, pepper, vegetables and simmer covered for 2 hours or until moose meat is tender. Add more water if dries out
- Stir flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Work in shortening with fingertips.
- Add milk gradually and mix with a fork until you make a soft dough.
- Once the moose meat is tender add dumpling dough to the pot and cover.
- DO NOT OPEN LID! Cook for about 15 minutes.
The Cooktazoncaffeine Manchester, NH
The Rating1 people
I have never tried moose meat but I have heard that is is very delicious.Do you soak it in vinegar like you do deer, to get the tang out?bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it