Carrot Cake LoafFrom annieamie 7 years ago
- 9 large carrots, shredded shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 2 cups of sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup raisins; chopped (either golden or dark raisins) shopping list
- 2 large bananas; mashed shopping list
- 1 cup apple sauce shopping list
- 2 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice shopping list
- 1 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- Optional: 1 cup of chopped walnuts shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour two loaf pans OR line the pans with "release" aluminum foil
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly until well combined.
- Bake about 1 hour or until top browns.
- If you want to glaze your loaves, just mix 2 cups of powdered sugar with 1-2 TB of milk or cream.
- You can make a thinner glaze by adding more liquid.
- Pour this over the cooled loaves and spread evenly.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookannieamie Los Angeles, US
The Rating3 people
Yes I will be trying this!!bostyn in San Diego loved it
I'm lovi'n this! I will be making these for food gifts! Here is a 5 for you.jeffsgirl in Medford loved it
Annie, this is just wonderful! I love it. I have the perfect ceramic loaf pan for this recipe! Thanks so much. I know it is delicious! :)rosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it