Spinach And Mushroom DipFrom dmajor 6 years ago
- 2 bags of frozen spinach, cooked according to package directions shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped fine shopping list
- 8 oz. shredded Parmesan cheese shopping list
- 2 packages of cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1 1/2 sticks butter shopping list
- 6 to 8 gloves of garlic, minced(more if you love garlic) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon creole spice shopping list
- 8 oz. sour cream shopping list
- 1 pound sliced mushrooms shopping list
- 2 (8 oz.) blocks of pepper-jack cheese, cubed shopping list
- 8 oz. shredded mild cheddar cheese shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Boil spinach according to package directions and drain well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large skillet, cook onions,mushrooms and garlic in butter until tender.
- Place cooked mushroom mixture in blender or processor and blend or process on high for 30 seconds or until mushrooms are finely chopped.
- Place spinach, mushroom mixture, cream cheese,pepper-jack cheese, sour cream, Parmesan cheese, and spices in a large mixing bowl and mix well.
- Pour spinach mixture into large baking dish.
- Test for seasoning and adjust if needed.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with tortilla chips, crackers, or toasted bread rounds.
The Cookdmajor Slidell, LA
The Rating5 people
Great post!dynie in Marietta loved it
Oh my gosh this looks good! Or maybe I should say 'deeeeee-yummy-licious' which is what our grandson is saying these days. That goes perfectly with your name ;) Thanks for submitting this great dip/spread. You've got my "5" forks!lor in Toronto loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!