Jane Parker A P Spanish Bar CakeFrom midgelet 8 years ago
- 4 cups water shopping list
- 2 cups raisins shopping list
- 1 cup shortening shopping list
- 4 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 cups white sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup chopped walnuts shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Lightly grease one 9 x 13 pan
- Cook raisins and water for 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Stir in theshortening.
- Remove from heat and let mixture cool.
- Combine flour, sugar,baking soda, ground cloves, ground nutmeg, ground cinnamon, groundallspice and salt.
- Add flour mixture to the cooled raisin mixture andblend well.
- Stir in the beaten eggs.
- Add the chopped nuts (if desired).
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for35 minutes, OR, until center springs back when lightly touched.
- When cakeis cool, spread your favorite vanilla frosting on top.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!