Baked Pasta with Fresh Tomatoes and Smoked MozzarellaFrom hsfargis 8 years ago
- 4 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 red onion, chopped shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 5 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped shopping list
- 16 ounces dried linguine or vermicelli shopping list
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted shopping list
- 8 ounces smoked mozzarella cheese, cubed shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley shopping list
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs shopping list
How to make it
- In a skillet, heat 3 tablespoons of the oil over low heat. Add the onion and garlic and saute for about 5 minutes or until the onion is transparent. Add the tomatoes and saute for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water according to the package directions. Drain and toss with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Place in a large mixing bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add 1/4 cup of the melted butter, plus the tomato-onion mixture, the cheese, and the parsley, to the pasta. Toss well. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Spoon into a greased 2-quart casserole. Combine the remaining 1/4 cup melted butter with the bread crumbs and sprinkle on top.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Place under the broiler for 30 seconds to brown the bread crumbs just before serving.