Garlicky Pork Ribs in Tomato N Chiles SauceFrom sparow64 6 years ago
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 4 pounds country-style ribs shopping list
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 8 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled shopping list
- 2 (24-ounce) jars or cans tomato puree, preferably San Marzano shopping list
- ½ cup pickled chilies, such as spicy red cherry peppers shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Heat a large roasting pan on top of stove over medium heat.
- Add olive oil and heat 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, season ribs with salt and pepper.
- Add ribs to pan and brown on all sides, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add garlic and brown for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Remove ribs and garlic from pan and transfer to large plate for a moment.
- Drain excess fat from pan before returning the ribs and garlic to pan. Add tomato puree and enough water just to cover ribs.
- Transfer to oven and braise until meat is tender, 2½ hours.
- Add chilies and cook for 30 minutes. ransfer ribs to warmed platter. Ladle sauce and chilies over ribs and serve.
- ** For this dish, thick and meaty country-style ribs are best.
People Who Like This Dish 9
- karebearkas Nowhere, Us
- mommabaker Nowhere, Us
- Good4U Perth, Canada
- jenniferbyrdez Kenner, LA
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- showmegirl Midwest, MO
- mrswolcott22 Oceanside, CA
- mamalou Attleboro, MA
- justjakesmom Everett, WA
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating4 people
Always looking for new rib recipes. Thanks!mamalou in Attleboro loved it
wow that sounds sooooo good thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
WOW I LOVE ALL THAT GARLIC YUM AND THE PICTURE LOOK SO GOOD I COULD HAVE THEM NOW NICCE JOB THANK YOU .HAPPY 4TH TO YOUminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it