CREAMED GREEN BEANSFrom linebb956 7 years ago
- 1 pound or more of fresh green beans. Kentucky Wonder if your lucky. shopping list
- 1/2 onion minced shopping list
- 1 clove garlic shopping list
- basil to taste shopping list
- salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- 6 slices of bacon minced shopping list
- water to cover shopping list
- 1/2 stick oleo shopping list
- 2 table spoon flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- Carnation Evaporated Milk shopping list
How to make it
- In a cast iron skillet cook bacon until it renders some fat.
- Add onion and stir.
- Add garlic and stir.
- Add green beans that have been "snapped" into pieces
- Add basil, salt, pepper
- Cover with water and cook on low until done.
- Mix flour with water and add to the bean stock to thicken, add Carnation milk to desired thickness.
- Adjust seasonings.
- Now this and some cornbread... Heaven.
The Cooklinebb956 La Feria, TX
The Rating4 people
Sounds yummy.merlin in San Francisco loved it
This is good... We used to cook these similar..zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it
I made these yesterday and they were a HUGE hit. Thanks for sharing. Will be a regular in my home this summer when beans are fresh.chefmeow in Garland loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!