Deep-Fried Chocolate Pound CakeFrom bluewaterandsand 7 years ago
- 2 cups corn flakes, finely crushed shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 3 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon water shopping list
- Bag Lady's Favorite chocolate Pound cake, recipe follows shopping list
- oil, for deep-frying shopping list
- powdered sugar, for sprinkling shopping list
- chocolate syrup, for drizzling shopping list
How to make it
- Mix cereal, sugar and cinnamon. Divide equally between 2 pie plates or other shallow containers. Beat eggs with water in another pie plate or shallow bowl. Cut pound cake into bite-sized square pieces.
- Press each square in cereal mixture and press coating into cake.
- Dip coated square in egg wash, then roll in second container of cereal mixture. Again press coating onto cake.
- Freeze coated cake squares on a waxed paper lined baking sheet
- until solid, 4 to 6 hours. Deep-fry frozen coated cake squares for
- 45 seconds.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and drizzle with chocolate syrup.
- Serve with whipped cream and a cherry.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookbluewaterandsand GAFFNEY, SC
The Rating6 people
This is so unique and interresting my friend.Thanks for sharing with us.ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
wow teresa this is great girlfriend what a different way to have cake .......thank youminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Wow!!!Teresa,so different and yummy.......:}
Mumtazmumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!