Dunkin Donut Bread PuddingFrom midgelet 8 years ago
- butter rum Sauce: shopping list
- 1 stick unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 pound box confectioners’ sugar shopping list
- rum, to taste shopping list
- For the Pudding : shopping list
- 2 dozen donuts ( I use the dunkin donuts glazed donuts. You could go wild and use any donut you feel like, chocolate donuts would be fantastic too!) shopping list
- 2 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1 (9-ounce) box raisins shopping list
- 1 pinch salt 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk or milk powder) shopping list
- 2 (4.5-ounce) cans fruit cocktail, undrained shopping list
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts ( or another favorite : almonds, pecans etc.) shopping list
How to make it
- Butter Rum Sauce
- Melt butter and slowly stir in confectioners’ sugar. Add rum and heat until bubbly. Pour over each serving of Bread Pudding.
- This sauce is quite versatile. You can use it to top Ice cream, pound cake, puddings, waffles, pancakes and so many more uses.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cube donuts into a large bowl.
- Add the condensed milk, hazelnuts, beaten eggs, fruit cocktail, raisins, pinch of salt and cinnamon on top of donuts and let soak for a few minutes.
- Mix all ingredients together until donuts have soaked up the liquid as much as possible.
- Bake for about 1 hour until center has jelled.
- Top with Butter Rum sauce and serve.
- If you cannot find a can of fruit cocktail buy a few of any canned fruits and mix them up together.
- It must be canned because the liquid it sits in has some sugar and spices as well
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating7 people
oh, great!herby in Albany loved it
wow oh wow lovin this recipe thanks bunchesmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
sounds wonderfulflirty_go1 in Brewton loved it