Sausage Stuffed MushroomsFrom toleliz 8 years ago
- mushrooms shopping list
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, one turn of the pan shopping list
- 24 large gourmet stuffing mushroom caps, stems removed and reserved brushed with damp towel shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- Stuffing: shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, half a turn of the pan shopping list
- 3/4 pound sweet bulk Italian sausage (use hot if you like) shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 20 stems mushrooms, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 rib of celery and green, leafy top from the heart of the stalk, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 small onion, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped shopping list
- 1 (10-ounce) box chopped frozen spinach, defrosted and squeezed dry shopping list
- 3 slices white bread, toasted and buttered, chopped into small dice shopping list
- 1/3 cup grated parmigiano or Romano, 2 handfuls shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add oil and mushroom caps and season caps with salt and pepper. Sauté caps 5 to 7 minutes, until they are lightly browned and tender on edges. Turn caps over and place on paper towels, let juices drain away from caps. Transfer caps to a small nonstick baking sheet.
- Wipe out skillet and return to heat. Add a touch of oil and sausage to the hot skillet. Brown and crumble sausage for 3 minutes.
- In a food processor pulse and chop the garlic, add mushroom stems and pulse to chop the mushroom stems. Add celery, onion and red bell pepper to the mushrooms and pulse to chop.
- Remove mixture from the processor and sauté veggies and mushrooms over medium high heat another 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add dry, defrosted spinach and stir into stuffing. Add chopped bread and cheese to the pan and toss stuffing until bread is moist and stuffing is combined, 2 or 3 minutes.
- Fill caps with stuffing using a small scoop or large spoon. Place caps in hot oven and reduce heat to 450 degrees F. Bake 6 to 8 minutes to crisp edges of stuffing and set stuffing in mushrooms. Transfer stuffed mushrooms to a serving plate.
The Cooktoleliz Burlington, Canada
- Not added to any groups yet!