Fried AlligatorFrom linebb956 8 years ago
- 1 1/2 pounds Alligator tail rinsed and chopped into pieces shopping list
- 1 small bottle hot pepper sauce shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2-3 fresh lemons squeezed shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1 potato boiled shopping list
- 1 small green pepper shopping list
- 1 garlic clove shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Here goes:
- Marinate alligator in hot pepper sauce, salt. lemon juice, and enough water to cover.
- Grind alligator with potato, green pepper, garlic and salt and pepper.
- Form into patties.
- Drop into hot oil until golden brown.
- Note: Instead of grinding, pieces may be rolled in flour or cornmeal and fried.
- If any of you try... let me know.
The Cooklinebb956 La Feria, TX
The Rating2 people
Please prepare and send up to Michigan so I can turn on folks to this great dish! XOmarky90 in Dearborn loved it
Nice!! Never really liked gator cause it's too tough a meat, but I dont't think I tried it after it was marinated. I'll try this if I can find a gator in my back yard in Kansas.LOLfoodandaflick in Overland Park loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!