Two Layer Rice Crispy TeatsFrom fluffy24 7 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 1-2/3 cups (10-oz. pkg.) peanut butter chips shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided shopping list
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) SPECIAL dark chocolate chips or Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips shopping list
- 2 cups light corn syrup shopping list
- 1-1/3 cups packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 12 cups crisp rice cereal, divided shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Line 15-1/2x10-1/2x1-inch jelly-roll pan with foil; extending foil over edges of pan. Lightly butter or spray foil with vegetable oil spray.
- 2. Place peanut butter chips, oil and 1 teaspoon vanilla in large bowl. Place chocolate chips and remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla in second large bowl. Stir together corn syrup and brown sugar in large saucepan; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to full, rolling boil. Remove from heat.
- 3. Immediately stir half of hot mixture into each bowl; stir each mixture until chips are melted and mixture is smooth. Immediately stir 6 cups rice cereal into each mixture. Spread peanut butter mixture into prepared pan; spread chocolate mixture over top of peanut butter layer. Cool completely.
- 4. Use foil to lift treats out of pan; peel off foil. Cut treat into bars. Store in tightly covered container in cool dry place. About 6 dozen pieces.
- MICROWAVE INSTRUCTIONS: Place peanut butter chips, oil and 1 teaspoon vanilla in large bowl. Place chocolate chips and remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla in second bowl. Stir together corn syrup and brown sugar in 4-quart microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 5 to 6 minutes, stirring each minute, until mixture boils. Immediately stir half of mixture into each reserved bowl; proceed as directed above.
People Who Like This Dish 11
- mommabaker Nowhere, Us
- Heather_Robinson Webster, NY
- mark555 Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World, KS
- arjmom Douglass, KS
- morninlite Kalamazoo, MI
- jeffsgirl Medford, OR
- debwin Toronto, CA
- maclean96 New Canaan, CT
- grandmacooks Somewhere In , VA
- henrie Savannah, GA
- Plus 1 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookfluffy24 Cranston, RI
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!