SHRIMP ETOUFFEEFrom linebb956 7 years ago
- 1 medium onion finely chopped shopping list
- 2 green onions finely chopped shopping list
- 3-4 garlic cloves shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped celery shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 2 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups water shopping list
- 1 10 1/2 ounce can tomato juice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon worchestershire sauce shopping list
- Hot popper sauce to taste shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 pound (3 cups) cleaned raw shrimp shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet, saute onion, green onions, garlic, and celery in butter until tender. Add flour and cook until LIGHTLY brown.
- Add water, tomato juice, worchestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce and salt. Simmer uncovered stirring occasionally for 25 minutes or until sauce is nearly of desired thickness.
- Add shrimp and continue cooking for 15 minutes.
- I add 1/4 cup green pepper along with the celery.
- Serve over rice with extra chopped green onions for garnish.