Herbed Pot Roast Pressure CookerFrom tazoncaffeine 8 years ago
- 2 pounds (4 lbs) beef pot roast, 3 to 4 inches thick shopping list
- 2 tablespoons (3 TBS) Fat shopping list
- 2 cups (4 cups) tomatoes, canned shopping list
- 1/4 cup (1/2 cup) Dry red or white wine shopping list
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 cups) onions, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup (1/2 cup) carrot, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup (1/2 cup) celery, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon (1 tsp) garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon (2 tsp) salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon (1 tsp) oregano shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon (1 tsp) basil shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon (1/2 tsp) pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 cup) all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup (1/2 cup) water shopping list
How to make it
- Note: Amounts given are for a 4 Qt. cooker, 4 servings, and those in parenthesis () are for a 6 Qt. cooker, 8 servings.
- Brown meat in fat in cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients except for the flour and water.
- Cover, set control and cook for 35 - 45 minutes after control jiggles.
- Cool cooker normally for 5 minutes, then place under faucet.
- Remove meat from cooker.
- Mix flour and water together until smooth.
- Add to pot juices and cook until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Source: The Mirromatic Speed Pressure Cooker cookbook
- NOTE: Different cookers' controls react differently when pressure is acheived. The Mirromatic control jiggles while another control will give off with an intermittent hiss. You must know how your control reacts to pressure in order to accurately time your dishes