Orange Essence Cakes with Grand Marnier SyrupFrom auntybea 6 years ago
- 1/2 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup honey shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups sifted cake flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice shopping list
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange rind shopping list
- Grand Marnier Syrup: shopping list
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon Grand Marnier or orange juice shopping list
How to make it
- Beat butter in a large mixing bowl at medium speed of an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add 1/2 cup sugar and honey, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until blended.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add to butter mixture alternately with orange juice, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Stir in pecans, vanilla, and orange rind. Spoon batter into 6 greased and floured Bundt-lette pans.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes. Remove to wire racks; let cool completely.
- Return cakes to pans; poke holes in each cake, using a wooden skewer. Slowly pour Grand Marnier Syrup over cakes until all syrup is absorbed. Let stand 30 minutes for cakes to set. Invert cakes onto wire racks.
- Combine powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon Grand Marnier; stir until smooth. Drizzle glaze over cooled cakes.
The Cookauntybea Vernon, Canada
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!