Homemade Chocolate Pudding In A MicrowaveFrom annieamie 7 years ago
How to make it
- Place cocoa, sugar and cornstarch in an 8-cup glass measure or deep microwaveable bowl and stir to blend. (If cocoa powder has lumps, sift first.)
- Using a fork or wire whisk, briskly and gradually whisk in milk so there are no lumps.
- Add butter.
- Microwave uncovered on 100% power (High) 4 minutes.
- Stir briskly.
- Continue microwaving 2 minutes longer.
- Stir to combine thickened edges with liquid center. Cook 1 to 2 minutes longer or until mixture thickens to a creamy, spoonable consistency.
- Immediately place wax paper or plastic wrap directly on surface of pudding to prevent a skin from forming.
- Serve warm or pour into dessert dishes and refrigerate.
- Serving Suggestions:
- Spoon warm pudding over angel food cake or pound cake.
- Dip fresh strawberries or vanilla wafers into the pudding
- Pour over fruit pies like apple pie. (Do not add the cocoa!)
- **Pudding Sundae Recipe
- Small cubes of cake, your choice of flavor
- Top with pudding, whipped cream, hot fudge or warmed caramel, toasted pecans or almonds and freshly whipped cream. YUM!
The Cookannieamie Los Angeles, US
The Rating6 people
great recipe... I will use this one instead of the one I have... thank you..peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
I love, love microwave pudding! So easy, so quick and so delicius!rosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it
And you don't have to heat up the kitchen. Give me a ladel and a big bowl...I'll eat the whole thing if not supervised.jett2whit in Union City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!