Gujarti Green BeansFrom sola 6 years ago
- 1 lb fresh green beans shopping list
- 4 tbl. vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 tbl.whole black mustard seeds shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic,crushed,mashed & minced shopping list
- 1 tsp.salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp.sugar shopping list
- hot dried chili pepper flakes-to taste,about half a teaspoon shopping list
- freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Trim green beans and cut them into 1 inch pieces.Parboil them in boiling water for 3-4 minutes,until just tender.Drain immediately and rinse under cold running water.Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.When hot,put in mustard seeds.As soon as the seeds begin to pop,put in garlic.Stir garlic around until they turn light brown.Put in crushed red chili and stir for a few seconds.Put in green beans,salt and sugar.Stir to mix.Turn the heat to medium-low.Stir and cook the beans for 7-8 minutes,or until they have absorbed all the flavor of the spices.Add the black pepper,mix and serve.