Chicken Pot PieFrom betsfio 6 years ago
- Pastry for a 2-crust pie shopping list
- 6 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 6 tablespoons butter shopping list
- salt, pepper, garlic salt, dry mustard, poultry seasoning (all to taste) shopping list
- 2 tbls. Dried minced onion (approx.) shopping list
- 2 c. chicken broth (1 can) shopping list
- 2/3 c. light cream (can use regular milk) shopping list
- 1 can mixed veggies, drained shopping list
- 2 cups cooked cubed or shredded chicken-I’ve made this with sautéed chicken, boiled chicken and canned chicken. shopping list
How to make it
- In a saucepan, combine butter, flour, salt and pepper.
- Cook until heated completely.
- Add chicken broth and cream.
- Cook slowly until thickened, stirring often.
- Add the chicken and veggies.
- Pour the mixture into a 9-inch pastry-lined pan, top with pastry.
- Pinch edges together.
- Make 3 or 4 slits to allow steam to escape.
- I put the pie on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 450 for 35 to 40 minutes.
The Cookbetsfio Littleton, CO
- Not added to any groups yet!