Gluten Free Macaroni and CheeseFrom crabhappychick 8 years ago
- 3 T. cornstarch shopping list
- 3 T. butter shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 2 cups skim milk - see, this is a DIET dish! shopping list
- 1 pound gluten-free macaroni, cooked and drained - slightly undercook shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds sharp cheddar cheese, New York EXTRA sharp, shredded shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter and stir in cornstarch quickly. Whisk in milk gradually and cook until thickened. Season. Then stir in well all but 3/4 cup of the cheese; mix thoroughly.
- Pour drained macaroni into a large bowl, then pour cheese sauce over macaroni and mix well. Pour into large buttered baking dish (the extra butter won't matter....you're using skim milk, it's DIET).
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake about 45 minutes at 375.
- NOTE: Yes, it is a lot of cheese. We like our mac & cheese just like our humor around here....cheesey.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookcrabhappychick Pittsburgh, PA
The Rating1 people
Another great recipe - and Crabhappy you are so right - a good quality GF pasta is needed so it does not fall apart. Love cheese!!!!lincolntoot in Freehold loved it