Kale And Potato Soup With Homemade Turkey SausageFrom danerin2 6 years ago
- Homemade turkey sausage: shopping list
- 1 pound ground turkey shopping list
- fresh ground black pepper to taste shopping list
- Kosher or sea salt to taste shopping list
- Mixed Italian dried herbs shopping list
- garlic powder shopping list
- Crushed fennel seed shopping list
- hot pepper flakes shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons dry white wine shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- 1 onion, diced shopping list
- 2 ribs celery (including some leaves) , diced shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves, diced shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 6-8 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 3 medium red potatoes, cubed shopping list
- 2 cups kale, ribs removed and leaves cut into 1 inch pieces shopping list
- 1/4 cup minced parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Combine turkey, spices and wine in a dish and refrigerate for 1-2 hours for flavors to combine.
- Heat olive oil in soup pot and saute onion and celery until translucent.
- Add turkey sausage and garlic and cook over medium-high until sausage is almost cooked through and slightly brown.
- Add potatoes and kale and saute for 3-5 minutes until lightly coated with oil and just beginning to wilt.
- Add stock and bay leaf.
- Bring to a slow simmer and cook for 30-45 minutes until kale is softened, potatoes are cooked, and flavors are combined.
- Add parsley and serve.