Grilled Calamari with tomato olive saladFrom becca1nine 6 years ago
- Grilled calamari shopping list
- 8 x pieces fresh calamari, cleaned, ends removed shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil(50mL) shopping list
- juice of one lemon shopping list
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes(1 mL) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt(2mL) shopping list
- 1/4 tsp pepper(1 mL) shopping list
- Tomato Olive salsa shopping list
- 6 x plum tomatoes, chopped shopping list
- 1 x red onion, finely diced shopping list
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and chopped(125 mL) shopping list
- 2 tbsp capers(25mL) shopping list
- 1 bunch fresh basil, chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced shopping list
- 1 tbsp lemon zest(15mL) shopping list
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper(1mL) shopping list
How to make it
- Grilled Calamari
- Preheat grill or barbeque.
- Make slits in each calamari, at 1 cm intervals, but do not cut right through into separate into rings. (This will prevent the calamari from curling up when it is grilled).
- In a non-reactive bowl, mix olive oil, lemon juice, chili flakes, salt and pepper. Marinate calamari marinate for only 5-10 minutes.
- Grill calamari, 3 minutes per side or until cooked through. Remove to a plate. Top calamari with salsa and serve.
- Tomato Olive Salsa
- In a non-reactive bowl, stir together tomatoes, onion, olives, capers, basil, garlic and lemon zest, salt and pepper.
The Cookbecca1nine Surrey, CA
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!