Chicken Tortilla SoupFrom carterl 8 years ago
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth shopping list
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice shopping list
- 1 cup chunky salsa shopping list
- 8 ounces corn tortilla chips shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pot over medium heat, saute the chicken in the oil for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cumin and mix well.
- Then add the broth, corn, onion, chili powder, lemon juice and salsa.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Break up some tortilla chips into individual bowls and pour soup over chips.
- Top with the Monterey Jack cheese and a little sour cream.
The Cookcarterl Danville, VA
The Rating5 people
This is a great recipe! Its from Allrecipes.com and its called "Chicken Tortilla Soup V", on that site. I've made it many times. Thanks for posting it here! Its one of my favorites!lilliancooks in Long Island loved it