Cinnamon Apple Pecan RingFrom sher 6 years ago
- 2 3/4 cup Unbleached bread flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 1/2 tsp Quick Rise yeast shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp Soda shopping list
- 1/2 cup Fat Free buttermilk shopping list
- 1/2 cup Fat Free plain yogurt shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 3 Tbsp light butter (divided) shopping list
- 1/4 plus 1/8 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- 2 Medium apples Peeled and finely chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup lightly packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 Tbsp apple pie spice shopping list
- 1/8 cup sugar ( or Splenda) shopping list
- 2 tbsp unsweetened applesauce(glaze) shopping list
- ICING: shopping list
- 1/2 cup icing sugar shopping list
- 2 tbsp skim milk shopping list
- 2 tsp vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Combine 1 cup Flour, 1/4 cup sugar, salt and soda.
- Heat Yogurt and buttermilk, water and 2 tbsp of the butter until butter melts let cool a bit.
- Add to dry beating 3 minutes.
- Stir in more flour, add yeast and beat. Add All but 1/4 cup of remaining flour. Turn dough out on lightly floured surface and knead in rest of flour until dough is smooth and elastic as you would when making regular bread dough.
- Place in an ungreased bowl cover with a plastic cap and place in oven with just the light on and allow the dough to rise until double.
- Grease cookie sheet and set aside.
- Combine nuts, Brown sugar cinnamon and apples and other sugar or splenda. Toss apples and nuts in mixture well.
- Roll dough out into a rectangle.
- Melt remaining tbsp butter and spread over rolled rectangle.
- Spread apple filling evenly over dough leaving1 inch along short sides. Roll dough up jelly roll style squeezing as you go
- Pinch bottom seam to close.
- Shape dough into ring joining the two ends by pinching together.
- Transfer ring to prepared baking sheet.
- Using scissors cut 2/3 way through dough towards center.Separate and twist each to the side as you go like a Swedish Tea Ring. Continue until you have made 15 sections.
- Spray lightly with cooking spray cover with a clean towel and let rise again until double. Approx. 1 hour.
- Last 15 minutes of rising time preheat oven to 350*.
- When Dough is ready bake 20-25 minutes. Last 5 minutes brush loaf with applesauce.
- Prepare frosting and drizzle over warm bread.
The Cooksher New Minas, CA
The Rating2 people
Great recipe! I need more like this that appear healthy. I know the serving size would probably be ONE big one for me.....not too healthy there!jett2whit in Union City loved it