Eggplant LasagnaFrom pip133 9 years ago
- 1 large eggplant, cut in 1cm thick slices shopping list
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into thick slices shopping list
- 300g bottled pasta sauce shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, crushed shopping list
- ¼ Jap pumpkin shopping list
- ¼ tspn nutmeg shopping list
- lasagna sheets shopping list
- 1 ½ cups milk shopping list
- 1 tbspn cornflour shopping list
- 4 tbspns shredded tasty low fat cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Spray a frypan with oil and add onion and garlic, sautéing for 2 minutes. Add eggplant and zucchini, cooking well, until vegetables are tender. Add pasta sauce.
- In the meantime, chop pumpkin into bite sized pieces, microwave on High until soft, about 3 minutes. Mash pumpkin well, adding nutmeg and mixing well.
- Put one cup of the milk in a saucepan, heating gently. Mix the cornflour with the remaining milk, before adding to the heated milk. Allow milk to boil before turning it down to simmer, adding 3 tbspns of the cheese.
- Spray a meatloaf tin with cooking oil spray before adding one third of the pumpkin. Top with a layer of lasagna sheets, add a third of the eggplant mixture. Repeat. Then add some of the cheese sauce, before repeating layers again, finishing with lasagna sheets and topped with the remaining cheese sauce. Sprinkle the extra shredded cheese on top and place in a moderate oven for 35 minutes, or until pasta is cooked.