Honey Glazed Chicken BreastFrom fluffy24 5 years ago
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves, 2-1/2 to 3 lb. total shopping list
- 5 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 3/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup honey shopping list
- 2 tsp. freshly shredded orange peel shopping list
- 1 bulb garlic (about 10 cloves) shopping list
- 2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 lb. red and/or green seedless grapes, cut into 4 bunches shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. honey shopping list
- 1 wedge blue cheese, optional shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. honey, optional shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag. In a small bowl combine 2 tablespoons of the vinegar, 1 tablespoon oil, minced garlic, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, and pepper; pour over chicken. Seal bag and turn bag to coat chicken. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in another small bowl combine the remaining 3 tablespoons vinegar, 1/4 cup honey, orange peel, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt; mix well and set aside. Separate and peel garlic cloves; place on an 8-inch square of heavy foil; drizzle with 2 teaspoons olive oil. Wrap foil around garlic to seal.
- 3. For a charcoal grill, arrange preheated coals around a drip pan. Test for medium heat above the pan. Remove chicken from bag or bowl, discarding marinade. Place chicken, skin side down, on the grill rack over the drip pan. Place garlic packet next to chicken. Cover and grill for 25 minutes. Remove garlic and cool. Turn chicken skin side up; brush with some of the honey mixture. Cover and grill for 25 minutes more or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in chicken registers 170 degrees F., brushing occasionally with honey mixture up until the last 5 minutes of grilling. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Adjust heat for indirect cooking. Place chicken, skin side down, on grill rack on unlit side. Cover and grill as above.)
- 4. Meanwhile, drizzle grapes with 1 tablespoon honey. Place grapes on grill rack over coals or heat. Cover and grill for 2 to 3 minutes or until browned and softened, turning once.
- 5. Remove chicken and grapes to serving plates. Serve with cheese topped with garlic and drizzled with honey.
- 6. Makes: 4 servings
The Cookfluffy24 Cranston, RI
The Rating4 people
This is a very nice and saucy chicken. Sounds fabulous. You have my 5. Great post.chefmeow in Garland loved it
fantastic love it thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
This looks and sounds marvelous. Thank you for posting.chihuahua in Sonoma County loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!