Chocolate Cake With Orange LiqueurFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 14 ounce semisweet chocolate chopped shopping list
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 10 egg yolks shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur shopping list
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice shopping list
- 10 egg whites shopping list
- 1/2 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 cups powdered sugar shopping list
- 2 cups heavy cream whipped shopping list
How to make it
- Melt chocolate and butter in double boiler then set aside to cool slightly.
- Beat yolks and 1 cup sugar until smooth then stir in vanilla, liqueur and lemon juice.
- Blend in chocolate mixture.
- Beat egg whites in large mixer bowl until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add 1/2 cup sugar beating until stiff peaks form.
- Stir 1 cup egg whites into chocolate mixture then fold in remaining whites.
- Pour batter into greased and floured spring form pan and bake at 250 for 2-1/2 hours.
- Cool completely on rack before removing pan.
- Sprinkle cake with powdered sugar then serve with whipped cream.