Haricots Verts Lyonnaise Green BeansFrom cherylannxo 7 years ago
- 10 cups water shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. sea salt shopping list
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, rinsed and trimmed shopping list
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, crushed shopping list
- 1 large red onion, sliced in rings shopping list
- 1 pinch dried thyme shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar shopping list
- sea salt, to taste shopping list
- ground black pepper, to taste shopping list
- freshly ground nutmeg, to taste shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. finely minced fresh parsley shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pot bring salted water to a boil. Carefully drop, by handfuls, green beans into boiling water.
- Return water to boil for 5 minutes.
- Immediately drain the beans and plunge them into ice water for 5 minutes.
- Drain and wrap in a clean cloth; set aside.
- In the same pot heat butter over medium heat. Lightly brown the garlic. Remove from heat and set aside for 20 minutes.
- Remove the garlic from the butter and discard it.
- To the garlic flavored butter, add onions and thyme.
- Cover the pot and braise the onion over medium heat for 5 minutes, or until soft and transparent.
- Increase the heat to medium-high, uncover the pot and slighty caramelize the onion.
- Stir the green beans into the pot, after 2-3 minutes, deglaze the pot with red wine vinegar. Season to taste with sea salt, pepper and nutmeg. Sprinkle with parsley.