Kahlua Ice Cream SauceFrom annieamie 5 years ago
How to make it
- Bring the first 4 ingredients to a boil in a medium saucepan over low heat.
- Remove from heat and cover the pan.
- Let it steep for 15 minutes.
- Whisk the egg yolks and sugar to blend in a medium bowl.
- Slowly whisk in the cream mixture.
- Return custard to the same saucepan. Cook over low heat until the custard thickens and leaves a path on the back of a spoon when finger is drawn across.
- Strain the custard in a bowl.
- Cover and chill.
- **This sauce will not keep for more then a few days.
- *****An easy dessert**I make this sauce a few days before I need to serve it. I buy rich vanilla ice cream and coffee ice cream and make scoops of ice cream which I put into a long plastic container. There are two rows of scoops. I refreeze the scoops or balls of ice cream for a few hours. To serve this, in a bowl, add one scoop of vanilla ice cream and one of coffee. Pour a basic chocolate sauce or hot fudge over the coffee ice cream and pour the kahlua sauce over the vanilla ice cream. (Caramel sauce and butterscotch sauce are great too! I sprinkle with toasted chopped almonds and add a dollop of whipped cream over each scoop. Good stuff, Maynard!
The Cookannieamie Los Angeles, US
The Rating8 people
Great recipe!pleclare in Framingham loved it
sounds delicious! mmm.......magali777 in Mexico loved it
Yummmmmmm!!! :)bakermel in Topeka loved it