Strawberry Cream For Fruit or Cake EtcFrom krumkake 7 years ago
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar (just add this to your taste – the amount depends on how sweet the strawberries already are) shopping list
- a dash of salt shopping list
- ¼ cup mashed fresh strawberries (you can puree them, too, but I like the small chunks that I get if I just mash them with a potato masher) shopping list
How to make it
- Stir brown sugar and salt into sour cream until smooth and brown sugar dissolves.
- Fold in mashed strawberries.
- Taste and add more sugar, if necessary, to your likeness.
- Cover and chill a few hours before serving.
- NOTE: for a “special” twist, stir in about 1 tablespoon of Grand Marnier or other favorite liqueur. I’ve only tried Grand Marnier, but I’m thinking things like Godiva White Chocolate liqueur, or Limoncello, Calvados, etc, could also add an interesting flavor…experiment!