Sweet And Sour MeatballsFrom gtuffy 8 years ago
- 1lb hamburger shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 small onion (optional) shopping list
- 4c Italian breadcrumbs shopping list
- ketchup shopping list
- 2 tbls italian seasoning shopping list
- 1tbls parsley shopping list
- 1tbls basil shopping list
- jar of cocktail sauce shopping list
- can of cranberry sauce shopping list
How to make it
- In a bowl mix hamburger, 1 egg, italian seasoning, ketchup, parsley, and basil (to taste). You want the mixture to stick together. Or just make your own meatballs. Don't overmix or the meatballs turn out like mush.
- Make into either small or regular size meatballs whatever you perfer.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven until firm to the touch, small ones about 12 to 15 minutes, larger ones about 15-18 minutes.
- While the meatballs are cooking add cocktail sauce and cranberry sauce into a pot. Put on a med low heat. Melt them together, stirring occasionally. At first they don't look so good, allow the heat to do it's work. They will melt together. you can even use a whisk to help the sauce along. Keep your eye on it.
- When meatballs are done add to the sauce.
- Keep them on kind of low and allow them to simmer a good 30 to 45 minutes. You could also use a crock pot.
- Place them in a bowl with toothpicks and allow your guest to enjoy.
- They will think they know the sauce, but no one ever quesses what it is.
The Cookgtuffy Dedham, MA
- Not added to any groups yet!