Spinach And Artichoke Dip Like HoustonsFrom ccatoera 8 years ago
- 2 cloves garlic shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons minced onion shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 cups heavy cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 2/3 cup fresh-grated Pecorino Romano chesse shopping list
- 2 tsp. fresh-sqeezed lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. hot sauce shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup sour cream shopping list
- (2) 10 oz. boxes frozen chopped spinach - thawed, squeezed dry through a fine sieve shopping list
- 12 oz. jar artichoke hearts - drained, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded white cheddar cheese shopping list
How to make it
- In a 2 quart saucepan over medium heat, saute garlic and onion in butter until golden brown, about 3 mins.
- Stir in flour and cook for 1 min.
- Slowly whisk in cream and broth and continue cooking until boiling.
- Once boiling, stir in Romano cheese, lemon juice, hot sauce, and salt; stir until cheese has melted; remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 mins.
- Stir sour cream into pan, then fold in dry spinach and artichoke hearts.
- Fold the mixture into a microwave-safe serving dish, or into several serving-size dishes.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese evenly over top(s).
- At this point, the dip can be refrigerated until ready to serve, if desired.
- Microwave dip on 50% power just until cheese has melted.
- Serve with tortilla chips, pita chips or anything you desire.
The Cookccatoera Carson, CA
The Rating3 people
This is soo good. Thanks for the recipe!tysonsmom in Rotterdam loved it
Who cares about a 'bit' of extra time when
you can produce a 'Winner' Recipe like this?
A 'Must Try' on my list!
Thanks for sharing....
....mjcmcook..."5" FORKS....mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
I could eat the whole thing! So good!!jett2whit in Union City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!