Spinach And Artichoke Dip Like HoustonsFrom ccatoera 8 years ago
- 2 cloves garlic shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons minced onion shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 cups heavy cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 2/3 cup fresh-grated Pecorino Romano chesse shopping list
- 2 tsp. fresh-sqeezed lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. hot sauce shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup sour cream shopping list
- (2) 10 oz. boxes frozen chopped spinach - thawed, squeezed dry through a fine sieve shopping list
- 12 oz. jar artichoke hearts - drained, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded white cheddar cheese shopping list
How to make it
- In a 2 quart saucepan over medium heat, saute garlic and onion in butter until golden brown, about 3 mins.
- Stir in flour and cook for 1 min.
- Slowly whisk in cream and broth and continue cooking until boiling.
- Once boiling, stir in Romano cheese, lemon juice, hot sauce, and salt; stir until cheese has melted; remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 mins.
- Stir sour cream into pan, then fold in dry spinach and artichoke hearts.
- Fold the mixture into a microwave-safe serving dish, or into several serving-size dishes.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese evenly over top(s).
- At this point, the dip can be refrigerated until ready to serve, if desired.
- Microwave dip on 50% power just until cheese has melted.
- Serve with tortilla chips, pita chips or anything you desire.
The Cookccatoera Carson, CA
The Rating3 people
I could eat the whole thing! So good!!jett2whit in Union City loved it
Who cares about a 'bit' of extra time when
you can produce a 'Winner' Recipe like this?
A 'Must Try' on my list!
Thanks for sharing....
....mjcmcook..."5" FORKS....mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
This is soo good. Thanks for the recipe!tysonsmom in Rotterdam loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!