Garlic FingersFrom nyxie 8 years ago
- 1 cup warm water shopping list
- 1 tbsp quick rise yeast shopping list
- 1 tsp sugar shopping list
- 2.5 - 3 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- olive oil for the bowl shopping list
- 1/4 cup garlic butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup to 1 cup mozzarella cheese (depends on how cheesy you like them; I used 1 cup) shopping list
- Donair Sauce: shopping list
- 2/3 cup canned sweetened condensed milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup white vinegar shopping list
- 1 tsp garlic powder shopping list
How to make it
- Put water into a large bowl and sprinkle in sugar, then add yeast. Allow to sit 10 minutes so yeast can start to bloom.
- Mix in 2.5 to 3 cups flour, until dough has a smooth, even texture and is no longer sticky.
- Cover with a bit of olive oil and then leave in a warm place to rise, about 30 minutes or until the dough doubles in volume.
- Spread dough out on a pizza stone or round pizza pan. Cover with garlic butter and top with cheese.
- Bake in 425F oven for about 15-20 minutes, or until the crust is browned. Then put under the broiler for 2-5 minutes to brown the cheese. Watch carefully, as it browns quickly! Cut into fingers and eat dipped in donair sauce.
- For Donair sauce: whisk together sweetened condensed milk, vinegar, and garlic powder until well combined. Should be a thick, sweet, garlicky sauce.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cooknyxie Toronto, CA
The Rating3 people
I've never heard of this...wow..the sauce sounds great! very different..sweetened condensed milk, hmmm...greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
Hey Nyxie, we dip it in marinara sauce out here in Alberta! The recipe sounds great! Thanks!auntybea in Vernon loved it
I live in Nova Scotia and I was shocked when I found out my friends from the states had no idea what these were. I thought they were world known.Payback009 in New Minas loved it