Blueberry Streusel CobblerFrom henrie 8 years ago
- 1 pint fresh or frozen blueberries shopping list
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk) shopping list
- 2 tsp grated lemon peel shopping list
- 3/4 cup plus 2 TBSP cold butter or margarine (I used real butter) shopping list
- 2 cups biscuit baking mix, divided shopping list
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts shopping list
- vanilla ice cream shopping list
- Blueberry Sauce (recipe follows) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325*
- In bowl, combine blueberries, condensed milk and peel.
- In large bowl, cut 3/4 cup butter into 1 1/2 cups biscuit mix until crumbly; add blueberry mixture. Spread in greased 9-inch square baking pan.
- In small bowl, combine remaining 1/2 cup biscuit mix and sugar; cut in remaining 2 TBSP butter until crumbly. Add nuts. Sprinkle over cobbler.
- Bake 1 hour and 10 minutes (I needed to cook mine for almost 1 hour and 30 minutes - so keep checking it) or until golden. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream and Blueberry Sauce. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Blueberry Sauce: In saucepan, combine 1/2 cup sugar, 1 TBSP cornstarch, 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon and 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg. Gradually add 1/2 cup water. Cook and stir until thickened. Stir in 1 pint blueberries; cook and stir until hot. Makes about 1 2/3 cups.
The Cookhenrie Savannah, GA
The Rating4 people
wow thanks bunchesmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
saved! mmmm...magali777 in Mexico loved it
Love Blueberry anything! got my 5shirleyoma in Cove loved it