Simply Eggplant Savory Quick BreadFrom mystic_river1 8 years ago
- 3 cups self-rising flour shopping list
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 tsp. sugar shopping list
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 medium onion, coarsely grated shopping list
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella, finely grated shopping list
- 1 tsp. sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 heaping cup eggplant, coarsely grated shopping list
- 1 tsp. dried basil, rubbed shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1⁄2 cup water shopping list
- paprika for dusting shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, mix everything except the milk, water and paprika. Stir in the milk and water. Mix well into a thick, very sticky batter.
- Turn into a well-oiled loaf pan about 25 x 14 x 6.5 cm. Level out the top with slightly dampened fingers, and dust with paprika.
- Bake at 180° on the middle shelf of the oven, for an hour. Turn out and cool on a wire rack. Slice and serve.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating8 people
Wowza, wowza. Never thought about putting eggplant in bread. I love eggplant and will be trying this soon. Great post my friend. You have my 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
Sounds so very good! I have a lot of eggplants this year. They are doing better than anything in our garden. I sure did need a different way to use them.Thanks JM! ^5 FROM ME!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
What a great idea for eggplant and something really different!joe1155 in Munchen loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!