White Chocolate Cashew PieFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 1 cup plus 2 teaspoons flour shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 stick butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup shortening shopping list
- 4 tablespoons ice water shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 1/3 cup butter melted shopping list
- 1 cup light brown sugar firmly packed shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1-1/2 tablespoons kirsch shopping list
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup shopping list
- 1 cup chopped cashews shopping list
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chopped shopping list
How to make it
- In medium bowl mix together flour, salt and baking powder.
- Cut butter into 46 cubes and toss in to flour then add shortening.
- Use your ringer to rub shortening and butter into flour until flour becomes sandy.
- Sprinkle a small amount of water into dough tossing it in gently.
- Add enough water until dough becomes moist but be sure not to over mix.
- Make a ball and wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate several hours until firm.
- Once dough is firm turn out on floured surface and with roll dough into 1/4" thick round/
- Place dough into a 9" pie tin firmly pressing into bottom and sides.
- Trim overhang until even then fold under and crimp then place in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Combing filling ingredients in a bowl with whip.
- Beat butter, sugar and eggs one at a time then add the remaining ingredients mixing well.
- Pour into prepared pie shell then bake at 350 for 1 hour.
- Can be served with lightly whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!