Key Lime Coconut Angle CakeFrom bamma 7 years ago
- 1 box white angel food cake mix shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups cold water shopping list
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk shopping list
- 1/3 cup key lime or regular lime juice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel shopping list
- 1 container (12 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed shopping list
- 1 cup flaked coconut shopping list
- Sliced kiwifruit and strawberries, if desired shopping list
How to make it
- Make cake mix as directed on package, using cold water. Cool cake completely. Cut cake horizontally into 3 layers. Place bottom layer, cut side up, on serving plate.
- In large bowl, beat milk, lime juice and lime peel with wire whisk until smooth and thickened. Fold in whipped topping.
- . Spread 1 cup lime mixture evenly over top of first layer of cake. Place second layer of cake carefully on bottom layer; spread evenly with 1 cup lime mixture. Top with remaining layer of cake.
- Frost top and side of cake with remaining lime mixture. Sprinkle with coconut. Garnish cake with kiwifruit and strawberries.