Quinoa Turkey MeatloafFrom mollyscookin 8 years ago
- 2lbs ground turkey (lean would work bettwe than extra lean) shopping list
- 2 eggs or equivalent shopping list
- 10 oz frozen spinach thawed and drained or fresh spinach shopping list
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce - optional -the author uses Sharkey's mild hot sauce shopping list
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce- they recommend Lea and Perrins shopping list
- 2 teaspoons Adobe seasoning (by Goya) shopping list
- 8 oz. vidalia onion diced shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped (add more if you like garlic) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 2/3 cup quinoa shopping list
- 1 1/3 cup water shopping list
How to make it
- Put the quinoa and water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and cool for about 10 minutes. When it is cooked all the way the spiral tail appears. Let the quinoa cool so it can be handled
- Put the ground turkey and all other ingredients except the quinoa into a large bowl. Mix together thoroughly.
- Place the quinoa in the bowl and mix it in.
- Place mixture in a baking dish or large loaf dish. Sprinkle some parsley flakes over the top to add some color.
- Cooking time will vary depending on the dish, as well as the oven you are using. Start by cooking it for one hour and then check. You may need to add up to 30 minutes to that time.
- You don't want to overcook it or it will start to lose its moiture.
- Remove from oven and let stand for about twenty minutes
The Cookmollyscookin Kentwood, MI
The Rating1 people
This sounds great. I always use turkey for my meatloaf. I haven't made meatloaf since I've become gluten free because I can't use breadcrumbs. I love the addition of Quinoa. And thanks for the friend invite!glutenfree in Nashville loved it